Consolideck First Cut is a water-based blend of surfactants applied to the concrete surface prior to wet grinding. First Cut reduces the amount of time spent with each metal and lower grit, resin-bound diamond tooling, shortening the overall project time line and extending the life of the diamonds.
Consolideck First Cut lifts concrete slurry solids away from the surface, suspends them, and clears the path for the diamonds. Using First Cut keeps the slurry solids from interfering with the diamonds’ ability to remove the concrete surface, increasing efficiency and reducing clean up time between steps.
- Minimizes scratches created during lower-grit diamond tooling steps
- Makes post-grinding cleanup easier
- Lifts and suspends slurry solids away from diamond tooling, allowing for faster bulk removal of concrete surface during grinding, increasing efficiency
- Reduces labor and tooling costs
- Extends the life of diamonds and shortens the project time line
- Works well on new or existing concrete
- Compatible with floors to be treated with Consolideck densifiers, dyes and protective treatments
- For use with wet-grinding only. Do not use with dry grinding equipment
- Do not allow concrete to dry during process
- For use with low-grit diamond tooling (200 grit resin or lower) during bulk removal steps